Thursday, March 28, 2013

Why Ducati and why Tifoso


Well the first question is sort of rhetorical, i mean the answer is obvious. It's like asking why a star is hot. Because it's a star. You can't be a star unless you are hot. Ducati is like Ferrari, only better. It has the history, the racing DNA, the red color, the stunning looks, but with down to earth prices. Driving a Ducati is a hell more fascinating and thrilling than driving a Ferrari, only due to the fact that riding  a bike is funnier and tougher than driving a car.
Also Ducati has all that old school engineering, trellis frame, two cylinders, dry clutch, desmo, occasionally air cooling, that turns every ride into a time travel.
    I mean look at that, time travel machine.

    Or that,

    or that,

    or that.
I could go on forever. I mean take a look at the 1000ss. This is a bike that was on production until 2006, that is yesterday, and it's looks is a blend of 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's. Time travel in a glance.
In my mind there is one classification with two major classes: a. Ducatis
                                                                                            b. Other two wheel vehicles
Now, why Tifoso.
Because i'm kind of obsessed with these machines. In a daily basis i need my dope. I need to hear the rattling  clutch, i need to hear the deep bass from the termis, i need to hear the dragon, breathing through the intake, i need to feel those G's of the acceleration in my butt, of the deceleration on my wrists, to see the asphalt coming closer to my shoulders through corners. I use my bike everyday, and only three days ago that i used my wives car, i felt 45. I literally spend about 3 hours weekly, just looking at her. I try to find secret places away from people, where i can take her and show her my admiration. I know that lots of you do the same things with your Ducs, i know that everything i said looks familiar. Hence the "Maniac" because i'm one of you. Because if  you drive a Ducati, you are probably a maniac, a fanatic, a Tifoso.


Up next: Twice upon a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment